6/26/2008

THREE: The rudeness

Says this lady behind me and L in line, "Whatcha got in there!?!?"

She's all smiley and knowing and pointing to my middle section.

If you didn't already know, pregnancy is the universal 'go-ahead' to take a holiday from etiquette. I moved back, using L as a shield for fear she might reach out and try to touch my stomach or give me a pap smear.

"Whenareyoudue?" She coos. As if L and I are the babies.

"October" we say.

"October!?!? WOW. You are HUGE!!! And I mean HUGE...you are carrying HUGE!!!" she says.

"uh...yeah...I guess so...it's all muscles really. and ice cream." I say politely.

We have a midwife appointment a few days later. I tell her about the diagnosis of "huge" from the stranger. She insists I'm appropriately sized and should ignore everything anyone says to me. I like her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home