8/06/2008

NINE: The photo shoot

So many kind comments about that last entry - about how I don't LOOK like I weigh 180, how I carry it so well and so on. I am flattered and compelled to tell you that the contrast (between the picture and the pounds declaration/reality) was intentional. That 'casual' photo took approximately 2 hours and a 3 pints of tears. Fortunately, L has decided to stick around in spite of being totally traumatized by his role as photographer/therapist/perpetrator.

In other news, after our most recent midwife appointment she declared her desire to see us every two weeks now instead of every four. This means that not only am I pregnant (a concept I was just adjusting to), I am very pregnant. As it turns out I am going to give birth to a baby in approximately 9 weeks. I was totally shocked.

That said, I am getting kind of anxious to meet Chum. So few clues about his disposition, personal style, and mien...right now all I know is he's anatomically a boy and may, at age six, look like some combination of the following:

I look like Russell Crowe in that picture.

And ONLY for those who have expressed interest, we finally engaged in the overwhelming, exhausting, bicker-inducing and degrading consumer experience known as "registering." So if you like babies who look like Russell Crowe and are dying to buy Chum some crap he probably doesn't need, I am registered for a bunch of kids books through amazons baby registry (I selected the first books that came up but please search and purchase the used/cheaper versions of those titles):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/baby/homepage?ie=UTF8&%2AVersion%2A=1&%2Aentries%2A=0

...and a bunch of little people stuff at Babies R Us:

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255957

To those who have not expressed interest in buying Chum a gift he won't appreciate, please do NOT feel obliged to do so just because you read this blog and I am so unclassy as to include my registry information. Instead, you can rub my feet, feed me or change some diapers (mine or Chum's) next time you see me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home